How Effective is Coaching?
A survey carried out by Vision Quest demonstrated that there is growing evidence about just how effective executive coaching and business coaching is, and how widespread it has become.
From the Client's Perspective
Vision Quest Consulting surveyed clients that had experienced executive coaching.
- 100% increased their ability to deal with business challenges by 75% or more
- 88% improved their job satisfaction by 75% or more
- 80% improved their ability to stay focused under pressure
- 78% increased their productivity by at least 50%
From the Company's Perspective
The Business Coaching Foundation found companies that use coaching see the following improvements:
- 53% increased productivity
- 39% increased customer service
- 32% increased retention of senior people
- 23% reduced costs
- 22% increase in bottom line profits
- 77% improved working relationships
- 67% improved teamwork
- 52% improved conflict resolution
How Does Coaching Compare With Training?
IPMA research found that:
- Ordinary training typically increased productivity by 22%
- But when combined with coaching productivity increased by 88%
How Widespread is Coaching?
In a Hay Group survey of 170 HR professionals from around the world:
- More than half reported their organisation had introduced coaching in the past 18 months
- 88% were planning to broaden the scope of coaching in their organisation
- 70% believe coaching is more effective than training courses as a means of changing behaviour and improving the performance of senior executives and high flyers
Another poll by Hay Group of over 350 HR directors found that coaching was well established across the UK as part of leadership and development schemes, with a third of companies investing in coaching for senior managers. One quarter of organisations are launching coaching programmes for middle managers.
How Can We Help?
The Business Coaching Foundation has helped create coaching cultures in many businesses and organisations. We've been involved from inception, aiding the coaching culture strategy, delivering the skills to the aspiring business coaches, assisted them through their ILM coaching programme, supervised their initial 1 to 1 business coaching sessions, ran the coaching clinics and assessed the coaches on an annual basis. We also help evaluate the programme to ensure a sustainable and ongoing coaching culture.
For more information regarding business coaching and how we can assist you and your organisation, please use the links at the top of the page to navigate around the site, and to view details of our open courses such as the ILM Level 5 coaching course. Alternatively, contact us by telephone on 0844 800 3295 or send us an online contact form.